A big cleanup update with some new gameplay features is upon us! We’ve disliked that even though there’s three unique cars right now, gameplay between them all has been quite similar. So, we’ve addressed that 🙂
The Boomer’s secondary Mine has been replaced with a healing shield. It doesn’t block any ballistics, but it heals any vehicle of the same team within its radius. Levelling up your secondary will increase the damage it repairs and its longevity.
The AI has also been taught to camp, since Boomer’s are not fantastic as fast scouting vehicles (they’re heavy, they turn slow, they’re slow, their weapons do not fire quickly), Boomer’s will now set up in choice camping positions to protect the flag & goals.
- Audio rebalancing and additional rocket effects.
- Secondary weapon reloading & respawning prompts (UI)
- Default respawn time in now 10 seconds
- Quick Play will now attempt to join an existing game first (this is instant)
- Warmup time defaults to 15 seconds for Quick Play
- All game modes are now available from Quick Play
- Additional sfx for Grenade
- AI attempts to engage from further away to avoid as much rough’n’tumble
- Boomer’s steering has been tightened up
- Split-screen team selection is now chooseable via button (bugfix, used to require mouse for all players)
- Fix for weapon mounts on vehicles
- Friendly fire from rockets & grenades fixed
- Rocket will no longer injure the player who fired it
- Fix for an unlockable item not working
- Fixed damage readouts starting in centre of level for 1 frame
- XP no longer acumulates when dead